Mary Petrini, mother of 14 year old Alex, says, "Alex’s EKG and other tests were normal, but a physician noticed her chest wall curved abnormally, so he suggested we see a cardiologist. We were fortunate to find Dr. Sarina Behera at CPMC, who discovered Alex had a potentially life-threatening defect in one of her coronary arteries and had to undergo major heart surgery. Now Alex is back in school and on the soccer field. If it weren’t for the expert, caring medical professionals at CPMC we wouldn’t have her with us today."
Giving Opportunities in Cardiac Services
Your partnership will dramatically improve care, create vital new programs, fund innovative research and empower CPMC physicians and their teams to accomplish extraordinary things they simply would otherwise not be able to do.
- Heart and Vascular Center — Your gifts to CPMC's Heart and Vascular Center enable the Cardiology department to maintain its high standard of patient care and support staff, doctors and fellows.
- Heart Transplant — Your philanthropic investment in CPMC’s Heart Transplant and LVAD Program will help support the program and physicians that enable these lifesaving procedures.
- CPMC cares for more cardiac patients than any other hospital in San Francisco.
- Since 1984 475 heart transplants and 260 Ventricle Assist Device Procedures have been performed at CPMC.
- CPMC is currently ranked among the best three hospitals in the world for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and one of the best in the U.S. for treatment of heart failure.
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association has awarded us its Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award.
If it weren't for the expert, caring medical professionals at CPMC we wouldn't have her with us today.
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
You can be a catalyst in transforming healthcare in San Francisco. Your philanthropic investment empowers the physicians and care teams at CPMC to accomplish extraordinary things they otherwise would not be able to do.
Emilia De Luz
Senior Development Officer
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, California 94115