- Cardiovascular disease has been the number one killer of men and women in the United States since 1900.
- Cardiovascular disease kills more women than the next six causes of death combined, including breast cancer
- Stroke is a leading cause of serious, long-term disability in the United States. About 700,000 Americans will have a stroke this year - that’s one every 45 seconds.
- More than one person in Sonoma County dies each day of cardiovascular disease.
For the last five years, Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital has been rated as the best cardiac program in the six-county region (Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake, Marin, Napa, and Solano) Sutter Santa Rosa has spent much of the last decade building a world-class cardiovascular program. Our hospital has produced the best clinical outcomes in the region using cutting-edge, comprehensive cardiac and vascular care. When it comes to cardiac care, experience counts. In an average year, our 36 board-certified cardiologists and surgeons perform:
- 1,200 Cardiac catheterization procedures
- 150 Cardiac surgeries
- 375 Electrophysiology procedures
As part of the Sutter Health network of renowned cardiology programs, our patients have access to cutting edge care including a heart transplant team and pediatric heart specialists. Community giving is being sought to help add new equipment and technology.