General Orientation Sessions
Orientation sessions are open to all who would like to volunteer at a California Pacific Medical Center campus.
Time: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
CPMC Van Ness Campus Conference Room
1101 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94109
The 38, 47 and 49 MUNI lines all stop near the Van Ness Campus.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration begins the first of each month for the next month’s orientation only. We will not accept any sign-ups prior to these dates. Registration is limited to the first 80 applicants.
Please register for orientation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After You Register for Orientation
- We will send you a confirmation 12 days prior to orientation date. You will need to confirm your attendance.
- We will send you a link to our online volunteer application form. Please complete and submit prior to orientation.
- You may complete your health screening through your personal physician, student health clinic or public health clinic.
- You will receive a two-hour general orientation to California Pacific Medical Center, including vital information about infection control procedures, emergency codes and procedures, customer service training, and areas where volunteers are assigned.
- You will schedule a personal interview at the campus where you choose to volunteer (please select just one campus), and be given a personal questionnaire and a quiz to complete and bring with you to the interview.
At the Interview and After
- You will discuss volunteer placement options and schedules with a volunteer coordinator.
- You will complete a criminal background clearance form (for those age 18 and older).
- You will complete your health screening and submit it to Employee Health Services together with the Face Sheet that will be provided after the interview, if you are selected.
- Once you clear the background check and health screening, you will be scheduled for collecting your ID badge, transport training, buying your uniform, and for setting up your volunteer schedule.