Our volunteers range in age from 14 to 94 years old. Some of these volunteers are serving for the first time, while others have served for 10 years or more. We invite you to join our California Pacific volunteer family.
- Ages 18 and older (there is a Student Program available for high school students)
- Committed to serve a minimum of 100 hours in one year, at least two to three hours per week
- Complete a two hour orientation session and personal interview
- Complete and pass a background check
- Complete and pass a health screening: two separate tuberculosis tests and a blood test for immunity to rubella, rubeola (measles) and mumps. If needed, these health tests can be provided by the hospital at no cost to you.
- If working in a patient care area, you must have an annual flu vaccine between October and March, or wear a mask.
- We strongly encourage volunteers to have a pertussis vaccine (whooping cough).
If needed, these health tests can be provided by the hospital at no cost to you.
For more information about volunteering at CPMC, please contact us at (415) 600-3402.