Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, make new friends and give back to the community. Whether you want to use your skills, explore healthcare careers, or share your time and talents, we have room for you! As a volunteer, you can feel a sense of accomplishment and pride.
Hospital volunteers contribute every day by:
- Greeting guests and answering questions
- Transporting patients in wheel chairs
- Reconnecting families, patients and staff after outpatient surgery or the birth of a baby
- Working in the hospital gift shop to raise money for scholarships and the purchase of medical equipment
- Leading hospital tours for school children
- Making baby bonnets, puppets and stockings for newborns and children in the hospital
- Assisting staff in various departments and supporting community events such as the Community Health and Wellness Fair
Gift Shop Opportunities
If you like to shop or be around the latest styles and fashion, Sutter Tracy Community Hospital is now recruiting for two volunteer positions in the hospital gift shop.
- Gift shop assistant, 15–20 flexible hours/week
- Gift shop buyer, 10–15 flexible hours/week
Gift shop volunteer benefits:
- Meet new people, make new friends
- Complimentary cafeteria meal (available with a 4-hour shift)
- Volunteer recognition events and socials
- All gift shop volunteer efforts support hospital and scholarship programs
Call to learn more, (209) 833-2328.
Junior Volunteer Program
Junior volunteers provide valuable assistance to the hospital. Through the Junior Volunteer Program, young people can feel a sense of accomplishment while gaining work experience or exploring career options. Junior volunteers perform non-medical duties, assisting patients and hospital staff by:
- Delivering materials to patients or between departments
- Directing visitors throughout the facility
- Answering visitor questions
- Providing clerical/administrative assistance
The program is offered to students who are at least 15 years of age. Students must commit to working a minimum of 100 hours within a school year. Two-hour shifts are available Monday — Friday from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm, and four-hour shifts are available on weekends and during the summer.
For more information, call (209) 833-2328.
Benefits of Volunteering
"There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up." — John Andrew Holmes
Volunteering is a wonderful gift that can be given to patients and the community. Volunteers meet new people, make new friends, use their skills and acquire new ones. They feel a sense of accomplishment and perhaps the most important benefit is the satisfaction of knowing they are contributing to their community and making a difference.
Sutter Tracy Community Hospital Volunteering