Headaches, fatigue and difficulty concentrating are common problems that everyone experiences at some point. However, if your symptoms persist or worsen, it’s likely time to contact your primary care physician. Depending on your symptoms, your doctor may refer you to a neurologist who specializes in disorders of the brain, spine and central nervous system for further evaluation and treatment.
Call your doctor if you have any of these neurological symptoms:
- Severe headaches or migraines
- Chronic lower back or neck pain
- Seizures or tremors
- Loss of consciousness
- Confusion or disorientation
- Sudden dizziness or loss of balance
- Memory loss
- Coordination or movement problems
- Chronic insomnia
- Muscle stiffness, rigid limbs or muscle spasms
- Muscle weakness or numbness
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Tingling sensations
- Decrease in sensations
- Loss of bowel and/or bladder control
- Blurry or double-vision
Call 911 immediately if you experience the following sudden signs of a stroke:
- Face drooping
- Speech difficulty
- Numbness or paralysis
- Severe headache
- Vision problems
Doctors at Sutter Gould Medical Foundation
Dilpreet Kaur, M.D.
Jacqueline Chan, M.D., Ph.D., FAAN
Parul Jindal, M.D.
Deepa Kannaditharayil, M.D.
Anil Neelakantan, M.D., FAAN
Bettina Harner, M.D.
Tonya F. Fuller, M.D.