Recovering from orthopedic conditions such as hip fractures, hip or knee replacements, spinal fusions and injuries with multiple fractures can be physically and emotionally challenging for you and your family. Depending on the level of care you need, we offer acute inpatient rehabilitation at the Sutter Rehabilitation Institute or outpatient care at Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
At Sutter Rehabilitation Institute, our goal is to optimize your ability to care for yourself as you heal while providing specialized care that is focused on your needs. We focus on everyday activities, including bathing, dressing, eating and transferring from one place to another, such as from your bed to a wheelchair. If you can put weight on your feet, we also focus on walking, using stairs and navigating different types of terrain.
Outpatient Injury Rehabilitation
Whether you have a hip fracture or tennis elbow, working with a licensed sports injury or orthopedic rehabilitative medicine specialist can help you regain mobility, strength and flexibility. At Sutter Roseville Medical Center, rehabilitation and therapy specialists work with you to develop a thorough restorative program designed to get you back to the activities you love.
We provide outpatient physical and occupational therapies, and education and exercises that increase your ability to move as comfortably and independently as possible. Beginning with a thorough evaluation of your strengths and weaknesses, your therapist will work with you to restore movement, strength and coordination.
Becoming a Patient
To become a patient at Sutter Rehabilitation Institute, you must:
- Be at least 17 years old. Adolescents between 15 and 17 are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Require frequent access to a rehabilitation physician, who will oversee your medical needs and functional plan of care.
- Require 24-hour rehabilitation nursing.
- Need at least two types of therapy.
- Be able to tolerate a relatively intense therapy program, consisting of at least three hours of therapy per day, five days a week. An individualized schedule will be created for you and will include frequent rest breaks throughout the day.
- Have the ability to achieve rehabilitation goals in a reasonable time period.
If you meet these requirements, call (916) 878-2588 or (877) 870-2588 (toll free) to setup an assessment.