The moment you meet your baby happens only once. Ensure it happens in a place dedicated to extraordinary care for babies and new mothers. The all-in-one labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms in our family-centered birth center feature natural decor in a serene setting—providing an ideal backdrop for your baby's entrance into the world.
Sutter Amador Hospital has earned honors including:
- Baby-Friendly Hospital designation.
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval.
- “A” Grades in The Leapfrog Group’s® 2014 and 2013 Hospital Safety Score℠
- Lower than state and national averages for elective deliveries according to the independent Leapfrog Group and the Department of Health and Human Services Hospital Compare.
- Higher than state and national averages for exclusive breast milk feeding during a newborn’s hospital stay, according to the Leapfrog Group and the Department of Health and Human Services Hospital Compare.
We welcome you to define your birthing experience. Do you want to listen to your favorite music while giving birth? Or ease your contractions in the shower? Our labor-delivery-recovery rooms provide a comfortable, private atmosphere for the delivery of your baby.
If you opt for one of the many forms of natural childbirth, our staff is there to offer coaching and comfort. Should you decide that you want something more for pain, our location offers anesthesiologists 24 hours a day.
In addition to your doctor, our nursing staff works with you throughout the labor process. Our nurses are specially trained — many with more than 15 years of service in caring for new mothers and babies.