The moment you meet your baby happens only once. Ensure it happens in a place dedicated to extraordinary care for babies and new mothers.
Our labor and delivery nurses support and nurture the parent/infant bond through our family-centered approach to care. We've designed our nursing care and labor and delivery processes around the needs of the mother, infant and her support group. We also provide labor support volunteers who can stay with you during labor and help coach you through the process.
We encourage a cohesive bonding experience throughout labor and your stay in our hospital. Research has shown that family-centered nursing care helps in many ways. It:
- Provides an environment for the parents to learn about their newborn’s responses and sleep-wake cycle
- Facilitates earlier establishment of biological rhythms with flexible feeding and sleeping according to individual newborn’s needs
- Fosters successful breast feeding and, thus, aids in postpartum healing
- Decreases the incidence of infection
- Provides individualized, one-to- one attention
- Promotes the parents role and parental/infant attachment
- Increases educational opportunities
- Fosters continuity of care and reduction of confusion or messages between caregivers
- Increases maternal/parental self-confidence in the care of the newborn.
Although we emphasize the many benefits of keeping the family unit together during the postpartum period, our newborn nursery is available should you need time alone.