If you’re facing surgery, you want the most experienced medical team available. At Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center of Santa Cruz, you’ll find personal attention and amenities not found in other hospitals.
We have nine advanced operating and procedure rooms, 12 birthing suites and 18 medical and surgical inpatient rooms. Our commitment to patient-centered care and evidence-based medical practices has resulted in numerous national and state awards, including:
- Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for patient satisfaction (six years in a row)
- Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures in surgical care (five years in a row)
- Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for Perinatal Care
- Baby Friendly Hospital® designation
- Leapfrog Group's Top Hospital Award for patient safety and quality (two years)
We offer a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures performed by a variety of highly qualified doctors. Many patients are able to go home the same day of their surgery, but those who require an overnight stay can appreciate our hotel-level amenities, skilled nursing staff and freshly prepared meals.
Maternity and Birthing Services
Your unique birthing needs are met by our family-centered birthing team. Our physicians, midwives and nurses are all highly-trained professionals devoted to providing the best possible birthing experience for you. Our Birthing Center offers a variety of amenities to help you feel as comfortable as possible.
Whether you need a tonsillectomy or a total joint replacement, Sutter Maternity & Surgery Center of Santa Cruz offers highly qualified surgeons performing hundreds of inpatient and outpatient surgeries in advanced operating suites every year.
Surgeries performed at our hospital include:
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) — Adenoidectomy, biopsy, ear tubes, sinus, Surfer’s Ear surgery, tonsillectomy and tympanoplasty.
- Eye Surgery — Glaucoma, cataract removal, pterygium removal and corneal transplant.
- Gastroenterology — Bravo procedures, colonoscopy, photo cam, sigmoidoscopy and upper endoscopy.
- General Surgery — Abdominal, anal and rectal, lipoma removal, mastectomy, parathyroid, port-a-cath insertion, vascular access, vein stripping and ligation.
- Gynecology — Hysterectomy, hysteroscopy, tubal ligation and rectocele repair.
- Orthopedics — Total joint replacement (hip, knee, shoulder), arthroscopic surgery (knee, shoulder) and wrist surgery (carpal tunnel release).
- Podiatry — Ankle and foot surgery (bunionectomy, hammertoe repair, amputation).
- Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery — Carpal tunnel, mastopexy (sagging breast), breast reconstruction, face lift, blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), breast augmentation, hand surgery and liposuction.
- Urology — Biopsy, bladder surgery, bladder suspension, cystoscopy, nephrectomy, prostate surgery and vasectomy.