Heart disease is the leading cause of death in San Mateo County, accounting for one in four deaths, which is why developing a world-class cardiovascular and neurovascular program is an essential component of achieving Mills-Peninsula’s vision for a healthier community.
Generous donors have allowed us to purchase some of the most advanced equipment to serve more patients quickly. This volume will also allow us to conduct research for patients to know the outcomes physicians receive, as well as what those results mean.
Your gifts support a unified, team approach by cardiac and neurology specialists to put the patient at the center of care to bring:
- The latest non-invasive diagnostic imaging
- The newest neurointerventional procedures
- State-of-the-art cardiac catheterization
- Electrophysiology (EP) lab for treatment of heart arrhythmias with Stereotaxis
- Hybrid Surgical Suite for cardiac and thoracic surgery