To a great extent the health of your heart can determine the quality and length of your life. That’s why Mills-Peninsula Medical Center, part of the Sutter Health network, invests enormous resources into providing safe, high quality and compassionate heart and vascular care. Whether you’re looking for health education for preventing or managing cardiovascular problems or seeking help for an immediate concern, our specialists can help.
Mills-Peninsula’s cardiovascular specialists are innovators who partner with Silicon Valley medical tech firms to design and refine the latest devices and software programs for heart care. Our doctors were the first to use a new technology called an EKOS catheter, which uses ultrasonic waves to disperse clot-dissolving medicine to treat pulmonary embolisms. Our specialists have also tested and pioneered the use of local biotech company Avinger’s Ocelot device, which uses optical technology to see the inside of a blood vessel, and the Avinger’s Pantheris image-guided atherectomy device for the treatment of peripheral artery disease.
Our heart and vascular specialists are innovative in how they organize your care. We offer team consultations, where our heart experts meet with you to review and interpret your test results as a unified team, combining their knowledge to determine the best treatment plan for you. Because our cardiovascular specialists work closely together in a single department, our stroke care team provides prompt diagnosis and treatment. Our hospital is first in San Mateo County to earn accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
Our hospital has earned numerous national awards and recognitions, including:
- Named among “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” for 2014, 2015 and 2016 by Healthgrades
- Received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Received Stroke Care Excellence Award in 2016 from Healthgrades
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for heart attack and heart failure by The Joint Commission
- Healthgrades 2016 five-star rating for the treatment of heart attacks
- Get With The Guidelines–Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association