Wrapping your baby tightly helps your baby feel warm and secure.
To swaddle your baby:
- Lay the blanket in front of you in a diamond shape, with a point at the top.
- Fold down the top point.
- Lay your baby backside down on the blanket so that the head is above the edge you have just folded down.
- Take one of the side points of the blanket and pull it firmly over your baby's chest, tucking it under the thighs.
- Bring the bottom point up over your baby's feet.
- Take the other side of the blanket, stretch it over your baby in the opposite direction, and tuck it under the thighs.