Diabetes is a long-term disease that causes your blood sugar to be higher than normal. High glucose levels put you at risk for heart, nerve, eye and kidney problems. The good news is that with personalized treatment and lifestyle changes you can improve your health and prevent, or delay, health problems from diabetes.
Our team will work with you to personalize your diabetes care and prevent complications. We strive to understand your life, goals and health history, so that we can design a treatment plan based on your unique needs.
Our education centers serve people with:
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes related pregnancy complications and gestational diabetes
We are here to help when you need us most. No matter where you are in your diabetes management, we can help guide you through:
- New health issues
- Changes in healthcare needs
- Your yearly diabetes education review
There are a number of services you can choose from, such as:
- Free support groups
- Healthy lifestyle training
- Individual and group classes
- Insulin management, glucose monitoring and insulin pump training
- Nutrition counseling
- Sweet Success program for diabetes during pregnancy