It’s important to observe your child for any signs of potential hearing loss.
Does your child?
- Turn up the volume of the TV excessively high?
- Respond inappropriately to questions?
- Not reply when you call him/her?
- Watch others to imitate what they are doing?
- Have articulation problems or speech/language delays?
- Have problems academically?
- Complain of earaches, ear pain or head noises?
- Have difficulty understanding what people are saying?
- Seem to speak differently from other children his or her age?
While these signs don't necessarily mean that your child has a hearing problem, they could be indicators of one. If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, or if you suspect your child may have difficulty hearing, contact your child's doctor to schedule an evaluation with an audiologist.