For over 50 years, Sutter Gould Medical Foundation has practiced a philosophy of care that emphasizes knowledge as the key to making informed healthcare decisions. Helping you to become well informed about your health is the goal of the Community Health Education Department and the Maino Community Health Library.
Sutter Gould care centers offer health education classes and individual and telephone appointments by registered dietitians, certified diabetes educators, respiratory therapists, registered nurses and other health professionals.
Classes and individual appointments are open to the community and available at no cost. A referral by a physician and preregistration is required.
Health Classes and Free Community Events:
The education department offers classes in several health topics to patients and free community events:
- Lung disease education and self-management
- Lifestyle management
- Diabetes management
- Heart disease management
- Nutrition management
Individual Appointments For Patients:
We offer time to schedule individual appointments to help you learn more about your health. Appointments are available with a registered dietitian/certified diabetes educator for:
- Hearing or visually impaired
- Non-English speaking person
- Nutrition topics not covered in mini-group meeting or class
To register for an individual appointment, call (209) 550-4747 or email us at SGMFHealthEd@sutterhealth.org.
For Community Providers Referring Patients
- Obtain Sutter Gould Medical Appointment Request Forms by contacting Sutter Health’s Community Health Education Department.
- Complete form with reason for visit and diagnosis. Example: For nutrition consult, specify if overweight, underweight, eating disorder, etc.
- Include recent office notes and labs related to the referral diagnosis.
- Fax complete form and labs to (209) 548-7861.
Contact Us: For more information regarding our health education classes, call (209) 550-4747 or email the Health Education Department.
Location: 600 Coffee Road
Modesto, CA 95350