At Mills-Peninsula Medical Center, stroke and neurovascular care are a top priority. Our certified Primary Stroke Center provides advanced neurodiagnostic, neurovascular and neurocritical care.
We offer a full range of advanced neurointerventional capabilities and other services including:
- Advanced imaging technology to quickly and accurately diagnose a stroke and determine the best treatment approach.
- Comprehensive surgical brain care including the latest interventional neuroradiology treatments, including stent retrievers that grab blood clots and suction them out while a stroke is in progress.
Our stroke program has been recognized for maintaining the highest standards of stroke care:
- Mills-Peninsula Medical Center was the first hospital in San Mateo County to earn accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
- We received the Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for consistently following national stroke treatment guidelines. We’ve also exceeded national benchmarks for stroke treatment with thrombolysis (tPA) treatment rates surpassing national averages.
We’re proud to offer:
- A Telestroke Program that serves smaller and more rural hospitals. Telestroke uses video teleconferencing to connect local doctors with leading stroke care specialists based at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. The program also facilitates fast transport for patients who need services that are not available locally.
- Advanced stroke rehabilitation that incorporates physical, occupational and speech therapies.