Pelvic pain and urinary or bowel incontinence are common concerns, but there’s no reason to suffer in silence. At Mills-Peninsula, doctors and physical therapists work together to create effective treatment plans to improve your symptoms.
Individual sessions with a caring physical therapist allow you to learn personalized techniques to restore your pelvic muscles, help with impaired sexual function, or control urinary/bowel leakage.
Our services include:
- Biofeedback to help you learn to identify and control your pelvic floor muscles.
- Bladder and bowel retraining exercises and behavioral modification techniques.
- Bladder and pelvic floor muscle training exercises, such as Kegel exercises.
- Electrical stimulation, which utilizes a gentle electrical current to contract your bladder or anal muscles.
Common Diagnoses treated at Mills-Peninsula Medical Center include:
- Stress incontinence
- Urge incontinence
- Hypertonic pelvic floor/Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Pelvic organ prolapse