Breastfeeding allows you and your baby to emotionally bond in a special way. It also delivers a wide range of health benefits. The American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology both recommend exclusively breastfeeding for the first six months of a baby’s life. In addition, the AAP recommends continuing breastfeeding in combination with solid food through 1 year of age and beyond.
At Memorial Hospital Los Banos, we are committed to helping mothers who want to breastfeed.
We offer breastfeeding support services including:
- Childbirth classes that include training on breastfeeding.
- Phone advice line for breastfeeding questions.
- In-hospital breastfeeding classes.
- Rental of breast pumps and purchase of breastfeeding supplies (breast pads, nipple creams) at our hospital shops.
- One-on-one support from lactation consultants.
For questions or to request a meeting with a lactation consultant, call (209) 826-0591 and your call will be directed to the appropriate person.