On the day of your procedure, please follow these instructions:
- Check in at the front desk. Bring your insurance card, photo identification and copayment with you.
- Bring a list of all medications and supplements you are currently taking. Be sure to list the name, dose and how often you take it.
- If you use inhalers or take insulin, bring these with you.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing, including socks, flat shoes and a short-sleeve top. Bring a jacket or sweater if you wish.
- Remove all makeup, shower and wash your hair before surgery. Do not shave near the surgical area, use perfumes, deodorant or lotions.
- Remove all jewelry, including all body piercings and metal hair clips, before arriving at the surgery center.
- Don’t bring valuables, such as laptops, cell phones or other expensive items.
- If you are the guardian or caregiver of a minor child or you have power of attorney for the patient, you must bring paperwork showing legal verification.