Bariatric surgery can dramatically improve your health. It can help reduce the severity of many serious health conditions related to obesity, including high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, Type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea and back and joint problems. Yet from pre-surgery preparation to lifelong care after surgery, your success will require a significant lifestyle change. It also requires a strong network of people who understand the challenges involved.
The bariatric surgery programs in the Sutter Health network are designed to support you at every step of your weight loss journey. We offer:
- All the information you need to make the right decision about surgery.
- Guidance in pre-surgery preparation.
- Assistance in learning about your health plan coverage.
- Support in the crucial phase immediately after surgery.
- Support groups and medical monitoring in your lifelong adjustment to a new way of eating after surgery.
Our experienced surgical teams offer the latest in minimally invasive weight loss procedures. We offer options that include vertical sleeve gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y and revision bariatric surgery. Your weight loss team will help you choose the best procedure to meet your individual health needs.
Our bariatric surgery programs meet high standards for clinical quality. Highlights of our programs include:
- Accredited centers by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), meeting strict criteria for clinical quality and patient support.
- Three Bariatric Surgery Centers of Excellence, designated by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Teams of bariatric experts, including surgeons with specialized training and years of experience working with severely overweight patients.
- Thorough expertise in treating obesity as a medical condition, its physical and psychological challenges, as well at associated disease risks.