So what can you do to reduce the risk of having a heart disease?
- Keep your blood pressure under 120/80.
- Keep your blood sugar in a normal range and A1C less than 6.5 percent or 7 percent (check with your doctor).
- Keep your cholesterol in the healthy range, especially your LDL under 100.
- Follow a low-fat diet, especially fats that come from animal products such as bacon, skin of chicken, sausages. Choose low-fat or fat-free dairy products.
- If you smoke, quit.
- If you are overweight or obese, start with losing 10 percent of your current weight.