Sutter Health focuses on supporting initiatives throughout the counties within Sacramento and the Central Valley areas to maximize community health improvement efforts. We are keenly interested in investing in comprehensive strategies that improve the health and well-being of people living in the communities we serve.
- Only 501(c)(3) organizations may apply
- Only online applications accepted
- Minimum request amount is $1,000 (organizations may submit requests under that amount in writing to the attention of the administration department of the local facility in their area)
- Current grantees are not eligible for sponsorship funding
- Agency must commit to measuring the results/impact of their event/activity
Conditions & Restrictions
Please note Sutter Health does not consider funding requests from the following organizations:
- Local or youth sports organizations; examples: pop warner, little league, high school sports
- Fraternal, labor, or political organizations
- Religious based events
- Travel expenses or cultural exchange programs
We hold two sponsorship application periods within a year. Please see the timeline below for details.
Each organization may only receive one award per year. If you have multiple events you would like us to consider for sponsorship, you are encouraged to complete one application with all events included and apply during the first period.
When sponsoring, we look for:
- Organizations that engage a broad constituency of support; for instance, elected officials, community leaders, foundations, small business to name a few
- Events that celebrate successful health-related programs with proven impact
- Events that provide visibility to Sutter Health representatives, either with a presence at the event or an opportunity to highlight Sutter’s support of the organization.
Sutter Health Valley Area is interested in supporting organizations that work within the priority investment areas of our regional hospital system. They include:
- Expanding access to primary, preventive, mental health and specialty services, including dental.
- Increasing access to healthy foods and encouraging active living.
- Investing in expanded housing options and key community development initiatives.
- Providing early childhood intervention programs to underserved youth and promoting education.
Community Investment Awards (grants) – contact Sutter team members to learn more about possible investment opportunities.
Timeline for 2020 Sponsorship Funding
Winter: For events happening January 2020 — May 2020
- August 5, 2019 — September 27, 2019: Proposals due
- October 1, 2019 — December 31, 2019: Awardees announced
- January 2020 — July 2020: Awardees report measurable outcomes
Spring: For events happening June 2020 — December 2020
- January 13, 2020 — March 13, 2020: Proposals due
- March 16, 2020 — May 31, 2020: Awardees announced
- June 2020 — February 2021: Awardees report measurable outcomes