At CPMC’s Mission Bernal Campus & Orthopedic Institute, we strive to deliver ideal care for older adults. That’s why we started the Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) Unit.
The interdisciplinary team in the ACE Unit helps older patients return home and to their normal living situations. We have private rooms in an environment that promotes comfort, safety and independence.
Call (415) 641-6673 to learn more or refer a patient.
The ACE Unit provides:
- A physical and occupational therapy room.
- Activity therapy, including music therapy, guided imagery and other activities that encourage socialization and mobility.
- Rehabilitation with a focus on exercise, socialization and better sleep.
- Our Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP), which develops a personalized care plan to help each patient stay mobile, social and prevent functional decline. HELP is an effective and innovative model of hospital care designed to prevent both delirium and functional decline. CPMC has been awarded a Center of Excellence designation for this program by the American Geriatric Society, a prestigious international recognition.
- Mission Bernal Campus is also recognized by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement as an Age-Friendly Health System.