Staying active is one of the most important ways to be healthy. But all that running, jumping and stretching can lead to injury. Play it safe with this quick guide to common problems. Learn about the best ways to prevent athletic injuries, as well as what to do if they do occur.
Created by Sutter’s sports medicine experts, our guide will show you how to stay in the game, including strategies and advice on:
- Understanding the top injury risks
- Tips to avoid common injuries
- The difference between a sprain and a strain
- Doing R.I.C.E. right
- How to treat with ice and heat
- Whether to go to the ER or wait to see your doctor