Stay cool with this satisfying and delicious summer smoothie, loaded with immune-boosting superfoods. Use some — or all — of the ingredients in this recipe, including your favorite berries, nuts, greens and protein powder. Add half a banana or a quarter of an avocado for an even bigger boost of flavor and nutrients. A dash of cinnamon, cocoa or cardamom is a great substitute for sugar and adds an anti-inflammatory twist.
- 1 cup nondairy milk or water
- 1 tbsp of nuts such as walnuts or almonds, nut butter, seeds (flax) or ¼ avocado
- A handful of greens: spinach, kale, chard or tops of greens
- ½ cup fresh or frozen berries such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries or ½ banana
- Add any of these protein sources: collagen, whey, rice, pea, ½ cup tofu, sacha inchi, pumpkin seed, tiger nut protein, hemp, egg white
- Blend all the ingredients and enjoy