Teenagers and young adults don't often think of growing their spirits when they consider pushing the limits. But spirituality is a healthy part of living – spiritual people tend to have less stress and a feeling of well-being. Consider some of these healthy ways to nurture your spirit:
- Find new ways to be active in your church, synagogue or mosque. Talk with your spiritual leader about things you can do.
- Volunteer for a community project — you'll help yourself by helping others.
- Read an inspiring book about a teenager who overcame a difficult situation.
- Talk to your grandparents about their teenage years and what was hard or fun when they were growing up.
- Sit quietly in nature and contemplate your place in the universe.
- Learn about a new religion or lifestyle.
- Take long walks by yourself.
- Lend an ear to a friend in need.
- Do something selfless and considerate each day.
- Write in a journal.
- Learn how to meditate or practice yoga.
Last Reviewed: July 2019