Marijuana is often used by teens – but it’s also important to know that not everyone’s using it. In 2017, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that:
- 36 percent of youth had tried marijuana.
- 7 percent of youth had tried it before age 13.
- 20 percent had used it in the past 30 days.
In particular, vaping marijuana has recently increased among teens, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). In the survey, the number of teens who said they had vaped marijuana in 2019 were:
- 7 percent of eighth graders.
- 19 percent of tenth graders
- 21 percent of twelfth graders.
These numbers are more than double those reported in 2017.