Everyone feels down now and then. But if those bad days are coming more often or becoming more severe, or they are causing serious disruption to your daily life, it is time to get some help.
Kāhi Mōhala offers experienced therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists who can assess and treat a wide range of mental health issues, including the most complex disorders. We provide comprehensive and compassionate care to patients in the Hawaiian Islands and throughout the Pacific Rim.
Our mental health programs focus on the behavioral needs of children and adolescents ages 3 to 17. We also provide behavioral health services to adults referred to us from other locations. Our programs include:
- Acute Child and Adolescent Programs
- Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
- Residential Treatment Program for Children
- Residential Treatment Program for Adolescents
- ROPES Therapeutic Challenge Course
If your child is having trouble coping with emotional events in their life, such as family problems, the aftermath of a traumatic event or the loss of a loved one, our experienced counselors and specialists can guide you and your family through them. We can help with many mental health issues including:
- Mood disorders (including depression and bipolar disorder).
- Anxiety disorders (including post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and others).
- Substance abuse (alcohol and drug use).
Our 88-bed facility is located on more than 14 acres on the rural west side on the island of Oahu. We are Hawaii’s only freestanding, community-based, not for profit psychiatric hospital. Kāhi Mōhala is accredited by The Joint Commission, TRICARE and Medicare and Medicaid. We are also a member of the Healthcare Association of Hawaii.