When a serious anomaly or injury affects your child's ears, nose or throat, you need specialized care. Ear, nose and throat pediatricians, called pediatric otolaryngologists at Sutter Children's Center, Sacramento provide compassionate care unusual childhood ailments, so your little one can avoid complications and feel better quickly.
Pediatric ENT teams address problems that damage your child’s nose, sinuses, throat, neck, ears, hearing, speech and vocal cords. Your child will receive a complete evaluation with a doctor who can calmly and cheerfully shepherd him through any confusing or scary parts of the process.
Depending on your child’s needs, your doctor will talk with you and your child about personalized treatment options, which may include:
- Diagnostic hearing evaluations, including behavioral, auditory brainstem response (ABR), middle ear assessment, auditory processing screening, and otoacoustic emissions (OAE) tests.
- At-home care, prescription medications or ear tubes to combat ear infections.
- Custom-fitted swim plugs and hearing aids.
- Speech and language therapy or physical therapy.
- Traditional, laser or endoscopic surgery.
- Ear tubes.
- Tongue-tie release.
- Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy.
Head and Face Surgery for Children
Doctors in the Sutter Health network commonly perform surgeries to place ear tubes or correct deviated septums.
If your child has a congenital disorder such as cleft palate and lip, or she suffers a disfiguring injury to the face, mouth or head, your pediatric otolaryngologist will work with plastic surgery and other colleagues to help correct the problem.
Each child’s treatment begins with a thorough evaluation of the structural, functional and cosmetic issues, and the treatment plan may include immediate surgery or a phased approach tailored to your child’s development.
We also offer outpatient services for situations that benefit from ongoing treatment, education and support.