The teams at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento provide compassionate, family-centered support during every stage of your pregnancy. Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento is home to more than 60 obstetricians and specialists in high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care and offers 24-hour obstetrical anesthesiology service. With this breadth and depth of expertise, we can provide a wide range of birthing experiences. Our center has a long tradition of being Sacramento's baby hospital, delivering more than 350,000 babies to date.
Prenatal Care and Testing
Our OB/Gyns and high-risk doctors, called maternal-fetal medicine specialists, offer comprehensive support during your pregnancy. We provide the full spectrum of prenatal care, including diagnostic testing, advanced imaging and neonatal specialty care.
Labor and Delivery
Our family-centered birth center in the Anderson Lucchetti Women’s and Children’s Center provides everything you need for a safe, healthy delivery. Our facilities have earned accolades including:
- Baby-Friendly hospital designation, awarded by the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund
- One of the “Top 100 Hospitals in the Nation” per Truven Health Analytics
- “A” grades in The Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Scores
- Among the “Top 100 Hospitals in the Nation for Great Women’s Health Programs” per Becker’s Hospital Review
Newborn Intensive Care (NICU)
When things don’t go as planned, our tertiary, regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides 24-hour care by highly experienced, board-certified neonatologists and neonatal nursing teams. Our Level IV NICU features the latest in technology and medical expertise.
Tools and Resources
- Birth Certificate Information Form English | Spanish (PDF)
- Benefits of Breastfeeding (PDF) English | Spanish
- Only Breast Milk for the First Six Months (PDF) English | Spanish
- Feeding On Cue (PDF) English | Spanish
- Breastfeeding - Latch and Positioning (PDF) English | Spanish
- Rooming In (PDF) English | Spanish
- Skin To Skin (PDF) English | Spanish