Hands-on therapy can do a lot more than simply remove the knots in your shoulders. Professional therapeutic massage can help resolve pain and anxiety related to illness, boost your immunity, soothe your nervous system and support wellness in everyday life. Each session may encompass a range of pressure, directional strokes and targeted touch to give you a nurturing experience while addressing specific needs in your body.
At Sutter’s Institute for Health & Healing, our highly trained massage therapists offer many different approaches including acupressure and jin shin jiustu, deep tissue, reiki and other energy therapies, myofascial release, craniosacral therapy, lymphatic drainage massage, reflexology and more. We also offer therapeutic oncology massage and orthopedic massage, as well as bodywork specific to pregnant women, infants and children.
Whether you have an injury, are experiencing stress or have an illness like cancer, therapeutic massage and bodywork can help to:
- Relieve everyday stress that compromises your immune system and contributes to disease.
- Reduce chronic muscular tension and pain.
- Improve joint flexibility, circulation and posture.
- Reduce mental and physical fatigue.
- Promote faster healing of injured muscles.
- Reduce blood pressure.
- Promote deep relaxation, better sleep and improved concentration.
- Create an overall sense of well-being.