If your child’s kidneys are at risk for damage, we’ll work closely with you to determine the ideal treatments, procedures and medications for your child’s condition. Pediatricians, nephrologists, social workers, pharmacists and renal dietitians offer your family a full range of services, from diagnosis through follow-up care. We’re here to help your child achieve optimal health.
Pediatric kidney specialists at Sutter Health treat children with many different types of kidney problems, including:
- Acute and chronic kidney failure
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Hematuria — blood in the urine
- Proteinuria — large amounts of protein in the urine
- Serum electrolytes and pH regulation disorders
- Complicated urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Metabolic disorders affecting the kidneys
If your child’s kidneys need help filtering wastes from the blood, you’ll have access to in-hospital or at-home hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis, including thorough education so you can help your child through treatment with the least interruption to his or her daily life.
If the time comes to consider kidney transplant, your child is in good hands: Our kidney transplant teams have earned national acclaim for transplant innovation and success rates.