Headaches are one of the most common human ailments. For most people they’re merely an infrequent annoyance. But for millions of others, they’re a recurrent—and sometimes disabling—problem, resulting in more than 12 million visits to U.S. doctors each year. It’s estimated that 4 percent of adults have headaches on 15 or more days each month.
If you experience frequent migraine, cluster, tension or other severe headaches, you know how debilitating they can be. Fortunately, headache specialists at Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation can help. Our neurologists offer diagnostic expertise and dedicated treatment programs providing personalized, individualized care to people who suffer from headaches.
Many neurologists in the Sutter Health network also serve as headache researchers. Staying on the leading edge helps ensure that our patients have access to promising new treatments.
Headache services can include:
- Comprehensive neurological evaluation.
- Personalized treatment plans based on your needs, including medication, integrative therapies and lifestyle changes.
- Advanced diagnostic imaging.
- Botox injections for the treatment of chronic migraine.
- Nerve blocks.
- Trigger point injections.
- Dedicated headache clinics.