A subspecialty of neurology, headache medicine focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of primary and secondary headache disorders. Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation doctors work closely with the Headache Clinic at California Pacific Medical Center (CPMC) to help patients find relief from headache and migraine pain.
The Headache Clinic team understands that headaches are not only a biological or neurological disorder of the brain, but also a disorder influenced by psychological, social and environmental stressors. Severe headaches, particularly chronic disorders such as migraine, can be highly debilitating, impacting domestic and professional responsibilities and emotional functioning.
Our medical professionals use the most appropriate combination of medications along with behavioral therapies for the best outcomes. Our headache services include:
- Comprehensive neurological evaluation, diagnosis and approach to treatment.
- Personalized treatment plans based on your needs and preferences.
- Advanced diagnostic imaging technology with 3T MRI scanner.
- Botox injections for the treatment of chronic migraines.
- Nerve block medications.
- Trigger point injections.
- Complementary and alternative medicine services.
- Communication with your primary care physician for improved outcomes.
- Pediatric Headache Clinic