To a great extent the health of your heart can determine the quality and length of your life. That's why the Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation invests enormous resources into providing safe, high-quality and compassionate heart and vascular care. Whether you’re looking for health education for preventing or managing cardiovascular problems or seeking help for an immediate concern, our specialists can help.
Some of the conditions commonly treated by our cardiology specialists include chest pain (angina), irregular heart rhythms, high blood pressure, heart failure and heart attacks.
We offer interventional cardiology treatments, such as angioplasty to open blocked arteries to the heart and cardiac electrophysiology treatments to study what might be causing irregular heart rhythms. We offer an Anticoagulation Clinic for people taking warfarin (Coumadin).
Sutter’s Heart and Vascular Centers have earned numerous national awards and recognitions, including:
- Nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics
- Healthgrades 2016 five-star rating for the treatment of heart attacks and congestive heart failure
- Get With The Guidelines®–Heart Failure Gold Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology
- Top Performers on Key Quality Measures for heart attack and heart failure by The Joint Commission
- Cardiac Institute of Quality award from Aetna Institutes of Quality
- Named among “Top 50 in the Country in Performing Cardiac Surgery” by Consumer Reports
- Lifeline Bronze Quality Achievement Award for Heart Attack Care by American Heart Association