Chronic sleep problems such as snoring, sleep apnea, insomnia and restless leg syndrome can contribute to diseases including hypertension, obesity and depression.
The Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation Sleep Health Center provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment options. We partner with you and your doctor to assess your sleep habits and offer solutions that fit your lifestyle so that you can return to restful and productive sleep.
Our overnight sleep center, located at the Holiday Inn Golden Gateway Hotel in San Francisco’s Pacific Heights neighborhood, provides sleep studies seven nights a week. A center-based sleep study is the gold-standard test for diagnosing sleep disorders, as it measures brain waves, blood oxygen level, heart rate and breathing, as well as eye and leg movements. A sleep technician sets up the study, monitors you throughout the night and is available to answer any questions you may have.
Sleep disorder symptoms include:
- Excessive snoring associated with restless sleep, morning headaches, hypertension, mental confusion and/or obesity
- Witnessed apnea
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Unexplained chronic insomnia
- Poor work or social performance
- Frequent urination at night
- Night terrors
- Sleep walking
- Excessive leg movements during sleep and/or restless legs while awake
- Acting out dreams or violent movements during sleep
Treatment options include:
- Mechanical devices
- Behavioral modification
- Light therapy
Call (415) 600-1900 to learn more about our services.