Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (SPMF) stroke and neurovascular specialists are part of California Pacific Medical Center's Neuroscience Institute and provide care at CPMC’s Comprehensive Stroke Care Center.
CPMC’s Stroke Care Center is certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and has received the American Stroke Association’s Get With the Guidelines Gold Plus Award for consistently following national stroke treatment guidelines. We’ve also exceeded national benchmarks for stroke treatment with thrombolysis (tPA) treatment rates far surpassing national averages. Learn more about our stroke care outcomes, including tPA administration and stroke education statistics.
We offer a full range of advanced neurointerventional capabilities and other services including:
- Advanced imaging technology to quickly and accurately diagnose a stroke and determine the best treatment approach.
- Comprehensive surgical brain care in our neurovascular and neurointerventional surgery suite—one of only a handful nationwide.
- An award-winning Telestroke Program that serves smaller and more rural hospitals. Telestroke uses video teleconferencing to connect local doctors with our leading stroke care specialists. The program also facilitates fast transport for patients who need services that are not available locally.
- Advanced inpatient stroke rehabilitation at the CARF-accredited California Pacific Regional Rehabilitation Center and outpatient stroke rehabilitation services. The care team assists patients from acute treatment through recovery, helping them return to their highest level of function.
- Community stroke education and screening programs to stop strokes before they occur.
Contact the CPMC Stroke Care Center at Davies Campus at (415) 600-4610.