Many common infectious diseases can be treated by your child’s pediatrician. But when unique or different symptoms are present, you may need to see a pediatric specialist. Our Pediatric Infectious Disease Program offers outpatient consultation in a child-friendly environment for various conditions, such as recurrent fevers and unusual infections.
When you visit us, your child will meet directly with our board-certified physician trained in pediatric infectious diseases for an in depth consultation to determine the type of infection or immune-related problem that is present. We share diagnostic and possible treatment plans with you in an environment that emphasizes communication between families and care providers.
Our experts care for a wide range of conditions in the Pediatric Infectious Disease Clinic, including:
- Complex pneumonias
- Recurrent infections or concern for immune problems
- Bone and joint infections
- Staph infections or Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Hospital follow-up of complex infections
- Post-surgical infections
- Infections in children with immune problems
- Valley Fever
- Rashes that are thought to be due to an infection
- Swollen lymph nodes