A troublesome, slow-healing wound can be painful and prevent you from fully enjoying life. If your wounds aren’t healing properly, your primary care doctor or surgeon may refer you to a wound care specialist for additional treatment. In the Sutter Health network, doctors, physical therapists and nurses create individualized treatment plans to help you heal and regain function.
Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento offers inpatient and outpatient wound care treatment.
- Our wound ostomy and continence nurses (WOCNs) have specialized training in the treatment of acute and chronic wounds and ostomies. WOCNs also provide ostomy and wound education and training to help you better care for yourself.
- Our Wound Care Center provides outpatient treatment for a variety of wounds, including burns, diabetic ulcers and soft tissue injuries.
- While you are in the hospital, wound care is provided by a coordinated team of WOCNs and physical therapists who specialize in wound care.
A variety of treatment options are available depending on the type and severity of your wound. Here are some of the services we offer:
- Compression therapy
- Debridement of dead skin
- Diagnostic testing and imaging
- Infectious disease management
- Negative pressure therapy
- Pain management
- Physical therapy
- Wound cleaning
- Wound dressing
Across the Sutter Health network, our wound care centers and specialists have earned the Center for Distinction Award for outstanding clinical outcomes from Healogics Inc., the nation’s largest provider of advanced wound care services.