A happy life starts with a healthy beginning. With more than 1,400 babies born each year at Sutter Davis Hospital, the physicians, nurses and support staff understand what it takes to provide the very best experience for infants, new mothers and their families.
In addition to the various classes offered in the Sutter Health network, there are seven basic topics that are helpful to know before you have your baby. Learning about these topics will help you achieve the best birth, for the healthiest baby, and the most successful breastfeeding experience.
- Benefits of Breastfeeding (PDF) English | Spanish
- Only Breast Milk for the First Six Months (PDF) English | Spanish
- Feeding On Cue (PDF) English | Spanish
- Breastfeeding - Latch and Positioning (PDF) English | Spanish
- Rooming In (PDF) English | Spanish
- Skin To Skin (PDF) English | Spanish
- The Effects of Medications on Birth, Baby, & Breastfeeding (PDF) English | Spanish
Tools and Resources
We also offer a full range of tools and articles covering every aspect of your pregnancy. Visit Babies at Sutter Health.