COVID-19 Research and Clinical Trials
We’re contributing to solutions to help end the pandemic.
Sutter researchers are studying new therapies in clinical trials:
- Seven Sutter acute care centers enrolled patients to clinical trials of remdesivir.
- We collaborated on a treatment using convalescent plasma.
- Our teams are testing monoclonal antibodies against COVID-19.
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center is studying COVID-19 vaccines by:
- Testing the safety and effectiveness of a vaccine made by AstraZeneca.
- Working with other leading healthcare organizations in the Bay Area.
We're studying the impact of COVID-19 on mental health by:
- Exploring new ways to prevent anxiety and depression in youth.
- Identifying clues for early detection of mental health concerns.
Our researchers are searching for biomarkers that can help identify high-risk patients hospitalized for COVID-19.
Sutter has created data registries to compile statistical information to help predict the spread of COVID-19.