What is HELP?
The HELP Program at CPMC's Pacific Campus, seeks to decrease confusion and subsequent loss of independence in older patients in an acute care setting. We are actively recruiting volunteers to participate in the expansion of the HELP program.
We are seeking volunteers who:
- Have an interest in caring for older adult patients.
- Are responsible, mature, caring and respectful of older adults.
- Can help re-orient patients to their settings with social visits/conversation.
- Will provide cognitive stimulation to patients’ based on specialized training.
- Will feed patients under supervision.
- Will assist patients with their dietary needs.
- Can guide range-of motion exercises and encourage appropriate ambulation.