Thanks to visionary philanthropic partners, patients from all across the Bay Area receive outstanding neurological care at CPMC's Neuroscience Institute. Featuring a number of highly regarded destination programs, CPMC treats more neurology patients than any other hospital in San Francisco.
Thanks to our remarkable philanthropic partners we're able to acquire amazing technology.
— Brian Andrews, M.D., FACS, FAANS, Chair, CPMC Neurosciences
Giving Opportunities in Neuroscience
- New Parkinson’s Disease Resource Center helps change lives - CPMC’S Arshia Sadreddin M.D., medical director of Movement Disorders and the Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) Program, has created a new specialty clinic to help people with Parkinson’s and other movement disorders. Says Dr. Sadreddin, “There are so many things that we can do for patients now, including a procedure called Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS). DBS is essentially a pacemaker for the brain which can effectively help control tremors and improve motor symptoms.” And the difference can be life changing.
- Give to Cure ALS — At the forefront of national neuromuscular disease research for over 25 years, Forbes Norris MDA/ALS Research and Treatment Center combines patient care, research and resources for its patients and their families. Nearly one-third of the center's services are funded by philanthropic partners, enabling patients access to clinical trials and services that insurance may not cover.
- PEP Jobs Program — Your gift will support free job placement services for people with brain injuries and epilepsy.
- Transform Care for Dementia Patients and Families — The Ray Dolby Brain Health Center—launched with a major philanthropic investment from Dagmar Dolby and family—is one of the only programs of its kind in the U.S. The center is changing the paradigm of how more than 2,000 dementia patients and their families are cared for every year.
- The Dolby Family — The family's amazingly generous $21 million endowment funded The Ray Dolby Brain Health Center, and the Ray Dolby Endowed Chair in Brain Health Research.
- Craig and Maureen Sullivan, with Dee Norris — The Sullivans doubled their impact with a gift to CPMC's Forbes Norris MDA/ALS Research and Treatment Center.
Transforming Neurological Care in San Francisco
Launched by a visionary philanthropic investment from Dagmar Dolby and family, CPMC’s Ray Dolby Brain Health Center has helped hundreds of families deal with the tremendous stress of an Alzheimer’s disease diagnosis.
Philanthropy Powers Our Innovation
You can be a catalyst in transforming care for neuroscience patients in San Francisco. Every dollar of your philanthropic investment goes directly to the CPMC Neuroscience program that most inspires you. For more information about the many ways to give to neuroscience research and treatment at CPMC, please contact:
Campaign Director, Neuroscience Institute & Transplant Programs
2015 Steiner Street
San Francisco, CA 94115