Meet Sutter Health's New CEO – On May 3, 2023, Warner Thomas, CEO of Sutter Health, was delighted to kick off our first Meet the CEO event at the Fairmont San Francisco in Nob Hill. CPMC Foundation hosted 150 of CPMC’s donors, board members, physicians, and leaders for a “Streets of San Francisco” themed reception overlooking the San Francisco Bay. Warner led a wide-ranging discussion with Raya Elias-Petros, Chief Philanthropy Officer of Sutter Health and Brad DeFoor, Chair of CPMC Foundation Board of Trustees, about the vitality of healthcare, his vision, and the importance of philanthropy. Warner’s leadership and strategy are inspiring a new understanding of what’s possible at CPMC.
- A Journey Into the Cell – On October 22, 2022 CPMC Foundation hosted its first major in-person event since the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. The program featured the prominent oncologist and Pulitzer-prize-winning author Siddhartha Mukherjee, M.D., coinciding with the release of his new book, The Song of the Cell. More than 150 donors, physicians, and community members gathered for a cocktail reception and dinner at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, with a program about how the cell continues to redefine our understanding of disease and overall health, and the importance of philanthropy in fostering advances in science and medicine.
- 67th Annual Musée hosted by the St. Luke’s Auxiliary — An Oktoberfest celebration was held October 22, 2019 at the Presidio Golf and Concordia Club in San Francisco. The festive evening benefitted the Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) program.
- The 55th Annual San Francisco Debutante Ball — On June 15, 2019, 28 debs and 535 attendees celebrated at the St. Francis Hotel, benefitting Dr. Lorry Frankel's pediatric research and the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- CPMC Van Ness Campus Opening Gala — On February 7, 2019, CPMC Foundation hosted a never-before-seen-in-San-Francisco event, celebrating the opening of CPMC’s brand new Van Ness Campus – the $2.3 billion jewel of a hospital financed by Sutter Health and CPMC’s own funds which opened on March 2, 2019.
- Your Wellness, Your Future — The Women's & Children's Health Leadership Council's inaugural luncheon was held January 16, 2019 at CPMC's new Van Ness Campus. The program included tours of Birthing and NICU services, and featured Shoshana Ungerleider, M.D., CPMC's award-winning filmmaker and national pioneer in reimagining care for ourselves, our families and our communities.
- Celebrating New Life for St. Luke's Hospital at CPMC's Mission Bernal Campus — On August 8, 2018 the 66th Annual St. Luke's Auxiliary Musée and hospital opening celebration was held at CPMC's new Mission Bernal Campus. Proceeds benefitted the innovative Acute Care for the Elderly (ACE) program.
May 3, 2023: Meet Sutter Health's new CEO
Warner Thomas with CPMC Foundation Board Chair Brad DeFoor
In photo: Brad DeFoor and Warner Thomas
Warner Thomas with CPMC donors and trustees.
In photo: Robert and Kathryn Goldsmith, Warner Thomas, Sandra and Marston Nauman
Warner Thomas meets loyal CPMC donors.
In photo: Sara Callander Stephens, Warner Thomas, Janet Cooley Dilg
Warner Thomas talks with CPMC physicians.
In photo: Dr. Peter Weber, Warner Thomas, Dr. Jonathan Katz.