For people with type 1 or type 2 diabetes who require insulin injections, Mills-Peninsula Health Center has insulin pump management, training and support.
Through our program, you can:
- Learn about insulin pump therapy, its benefits and challenges.
- Determine if insulin pump therapy is right for you.
- Learn about different pumps and select the model you prefer.
- Receive training and practice on how to use your pump.
- Adjust your insulin delivery, as needed.
- Participate in a diabetes support group.
- Choose to continue wearing your insulin pump if ever hospitalized to prevent any interruption in your diabetes care practices.
You may also take part in an insulin pump class or individual training sessions if you currently use a pump but are interested in exploring newer options, including pumps with continuous glucose monitoring features. Talk to your doctor about how to enroll in a program.