Are you experiencing severe hearing loss? Are hearing aids not helping enough? If so, you may want to consider a cochlear implant. A cochlear implant is a surgically implanted electronic device that can restore a sense of sound to someone who is severely hard of hearing.
The multidisciplinary team of audiology experts and neuro-otology specialists use leading-edge cochlear implant technology and support all major brands of implants. Our cochlear implant program is dedicated to top-notch outcomes with a caring, patient-centered standard of care.
You may be a candidate for cochlear implantation if you are a child or adult with:
- Severe hearing loss in both ears that cannot be fixed with hearing aids alone.
- Severe hearing loss in one ear, with normal to mild hearing loss in the other ear (single-sided deafness).
Potential benefits of a cochlear implant include:
- Better awareness of everyday sounds.
- Improved understanding of speech.
- Ability to hear better in noisy or challenging environments.
If you, your general ENT provider or your audiologist thinks you may be a candidate for the cochlear implant program, they can refer you to our cochlear implant team for a medical-surgical evaluation and to a specialized audiologist for a rigorous hearing assessment.