At the Alta Bates Summit Outpatient Rehabilitation Program, our goal is to help people regain their independence to overcome an injury or illness.
Our high-quality, interdisciplinary approach provides individualized, hands-on care, education and training for improved function. People throughout the Bay Area come to our highly trusted, long-established rehabilitation program.
A Full Continuum of Services
Our comprehensive program means streamlined communication between services and the primary care physician, as well as offering a “one-stop shop” for rehabilitation needs.
Innovative Specialty Programs
Our individualized orthopedics, pediatrics, neurologic and return-to-work programs fill an enormous need for specialty rehabilitation services in the East Bay. Our Disabled Community Health Clinic helps people with disabilities regain their health and independence.
We’re constantly improving our treatment programs by comparing our outcomes against national benchmarks.
We offer a variety of conveniently located clinics throughout Oakland and Berkeley.
We work closely with the primary care doctors and specialists, providing updates and seeking input regarding goals and assessing progress.
Our outpatient services include:
- Accent reduction services
- Animal-assisted therapy
- Aquatic therapy — Held on an outpatient basis at Grace’s pool at the downtown Berkeley YMCA, every Wednesday from 10:00 am – 11:00 am.
- Audiology services
- Balance and vestibular rehabilitation
- Caregiver and family education
- Community education and exercise classes
- Disabled Community Health Clinic
- Ergonomics consultations
- General neurological rehab
- Hand clinic
- Massage therapy
- Neuropsychology services
- Orthotic and prosthetic training
- Pediatric rehab
- Pelvic rehab
- Personal training
- Return to Work/Injury Management Program
- Spasticity management services
- Sports injury and orthopedic rehabilitation
- Specialized services for cancer patients
- Vocational re-entry therapy
- Wellness program