The Gift of a Lifetime
Can I Become a Donor?
Your ability to donate is based on your general health and:
- Physical and mental screenings and tests.
- Whether you have chronic medical conditions.
- Your ability to follow aftercare directives.
The Benefits of Giving
Your kindness can help recipients have better outcomes, including:
- Greatly reduced waiting time for a kidney.
- Kidneys from living donors can last longer.
- Genetic matching can be more exact.
Common Questions About Donation
CPMC Kidney Transplant Team
Steven KatznelsonM.D. Medical Director
Harish D. MahantyM.D., FACS Surgical Director
Christmas TiletileR.N. Transplant Coordinator
Lana JaberR.N. Transplant Coordinator
Antonette BondocR.N. Transplant Coordinator
Olga KarkarScheduling Coordinator
Ana PinedaScheduling Coordinator
Nidia ContreasIndependent Living Donor Advocate