The Bridging Evidence Assessment & Resources (BEAR) Center is a joint program between Sutter Medical Foundation and Sutter Children’s Center, Sacramento. Our program provides care to infants, children and teenagers who have been seriously neglected or physically or sexually abused.
BEAR Center services include:
- Non-surgical pediatric gynecology.
- Non-invasive colposcopy.
- Child abuse assessment, including physical abuse and neglect.
- Child, adolescent and adult forensic medical examinations for sexual assault.
- Forensic medical case review.
- Community resource connections.
The program is led by Angela Rosas, M.D., who is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Child Abuse and Neglect. Dr. Rosas provides medical services and oversees a team of specially trained nurse practitioners and physician assistants. A referral is needed by a medical provider or public agency.
As a not-for-profit community healthcare system, Sutter Health also takes an active role in reaching out to the community with educational training and support for professionals, parents and educators on child abuse and neglect, domestic violence and other related topics.